2016 ANNUAL JURIED EXHIBITION
Juried by Blue Mitchell
I would venture to warn against too great intimacy with artists as it is very seductive and a little dangerous.
Theme: Intimate Alchemy
- associated in close personal relations: an intimate friend.
- characterized by or involving warm friendship or a personally close or familiar association or feeling: an intimate greeting.
- very private; closely personal: one’s intimate affairs.
- characterized by or suggesting an atmosphere conducive to privacy or intimacy; warmly cozy: an intimate little café where we can relax and talk.
- (of an association, knowledge, understanding, etc.) arising from close personal connection or familiar experience.
- engaged in or characterized by sexual relations: too young to handle an intimate relationship.
- (of women’s clothing) worn next to the skin, under street or outer garments: a store that sells intimate apparel.
- detailed; deep: a more intimate analysis.
- showing a close union or combination of particles or elements: an intimate mixture.
- inmost; deep within.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of the inmost or essential nature; intrinsic: the intimate structure of an organism.
- of, relating to, or existing in the inmost depths of the mind: intimate beliefs.
- an intimate friend or associate, especially a confidant.
Juror: Plates to Pixels Curator Blue Mitchell
(Born in Montana, US 1974) Blue Mitchell is an independent publisher, curator, educator, and photographer. Based in Portland, Oregon, he has been involved with many facets of the photographic arts. After Mitchell received his BFA from Oregon College of Art & Craft he started a publishing company (One Twelve Publishing) that focuses on hand-crafted photography. One Twelve’s photographic annual Diffusion is internationally distributed and respected. In 2015, One Twelve published their first monograph book Contact by large format photographer Jake Shivery. In addition to their printing endeavors, One Twelve also runs the online photographic gallery Plates to Pixels.